Every nursing mother wants breastfeeding to be a positive experience for her and her baby. These incredibly soft and soothingly comfortable nursing pads provide the best conditions for successful breastfeeding.
Which Style and Size Is For Me?
(When in doubt, we recommend Style Softline, size Small.)
Original - with double layer knitted wool. For warmth & light-moderate leaking. Dry more quickly than "Ekstra". Recommended for women with open sores.
Ekstra - with a third layer of felted wool, between 2 layers of knitted wool, for greater barrier effect and absorption.
Softline - the same soft, untreated organic wool, but it is mechanically processed using a new, patented method. This process bypasses spinning and knitting of the wool, making SoftLine pads an economical choice. Recommended for light-moderate leaking.
Combo Sets - 2 pairs of pads/1 bottle of soap available (15% discount)
Guidelines in Sizing
(with understanding that each woman may have individual preferences)
Mini (9 cm - 3 1/2 in.) – recommended most often as additional inner layer for very heavy leaking - if opting for this alone, we recommend size XS.
X-Small (12 cm - 5 in.)- A or B cup - most comparable in size to disposables, just a tad larger.
Small (15 cm - 6 in.) - B-DD cup – most commonly recommended size - will give full coverage, yet fit inside most bras.
Medium (18 cm - 7 in.) - F or larger
Large (22 cm - 9 in.) and...
Oval (18 x 27 cm - 7 x 11 in.) - for women who want even more coverage (these are much larger than most women expect, so please check measurements before ordering!)
Many women who choose size Large opt for the Oval shaped pads, which follow the shape of your breast and bra more closely. Choice depends upon where you want more coverage.
Oval - intended for women with repetitive plugged ducts in area of armpit.
To be certain the size you order is what you'd like, please note the measurements of each pad size and gauge against your breast/bra. Certain bra styles may work best with size XS & Small.
What makes LANACare Nursing Pads Superior to Cotton or Disposable Pads?
- Most women need only 2 - 3 pairs and 1 bottle of Lanolin Soap for the entire nursing period. Economical, in the long run, compared with the repetitive cost of disposables. And environmentally friendly!
- Wool wicks moisture away from your skin, keeping you dry and comfortable, even in warm climates. When the pads do feel wet, they're warm, not cold and clammy as with cotton or disposable pads.
- Your skin is kept dry and able to breathe, allowing sore nipples to heal. Since LANACare pads contain lanolin, use of lanolin ointment is a perfect combination of treatment for sore nipples. Many women have claimed that once they began using these pads, their nipples began to heal and breastfeeding “turned around” for them.
- Scandinavian midwives have, for centuries, advised mothers to keep their breasts warm to prevent plugged ducts and mastitis. Larger sizes give protective coverage over greater a portion of the breast.
- With larger sizes, the edge of the pad falls further back on your breast, making pads LESS noticeable through clothing.
- Great, non-medicinal remedy for Raynaud’s/vasospasms! The gentle warmth of the wool keeps blood vessels dilated, preventing the pain and discomfort caused by vasospasms.
- Natural fibers of wool allow skin to breathe, maintaining a comfortable temperature even in warm climates. Moderates temperature, for comfort even when moving between hot outdoor climates and cold air-conditioned inner climates.
- Variety of sizes and styles to suit each woman’s needs!
- Women LOVE these nursing pads – how often do you hear that about a nursing pad??